Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Truth

As a child, I spent most of my time listening to my parents--
My aspirations were shaped by their desires, my views on right-and-wrong woven from their moral fiber, and my identity eclipsed by the shadow of their reputation.

Naturally, young adulthood brought rebellion. My clothes changed, my hair changed and I distanced myself from all things parental. This is when my journey of self-discovery began. The poetry I wrote and the music I blasted began to define who I was, who I wanted to be and eventually who I would become.

As an adult, I've reached a crossroads.
♪ I am not the same, I'm growing up again ♪
My life experiences thus far are shaping me into a different person--my desires become aspirations, my moral fiber is woven from experience and my identity shines in my reputation.

As my journey continues, I hope to meet fellow travelers who, like me, seek to refine who they are, who they want to be and who they will become.

1 comment:

West said...

It is, indeed, a journey. And many of us, no matter how old, are still on it.